Welcome to the Chota Canoe Club of Knoxville, Tennessee. As members of Chota, our mission is to promote community paddle sport activities, safety awareness and techniques while being actively environmentally responsible. Our membership usually numbers between 200 and 300, and are primarily from Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Maryville/Alcoa areas as well as other East Tennessee locations and neighboring states.
Becoming a Member
Applications for membership can be found in every newsletter, or you can download the form HERE!
Print and mail your completed form and check to:
Chota Canoe Club
PO Box 51194
Knoxville, TN 37950-1194
Yearly membership dues are only $20!
- Club Newsletter: The latest information for local, regional, and long distance paddle sport trips, trip reports, articles, and more!
- Annual Chota whitewater canoe/kayak school and sea kayaking school
- Safety clinics
- Conservation activities along with social events
- Roll sessions and trips scheduled every weekend
- Year round activities: canoe and kayak whitewater trips (class 3 and above); hairless trips (class 1, 2/3); canoe/kayaking camping trips; touring kayak trips (day and self-contained); youth activities which include evening day trips; family outings
Club members are entitled to discounts (usually 10%) at the locations listed below. You may be asked to show a copy of the club newsletter with your address label affixed.