Instructor Scholarship Program
CHOTA ACA INSTRUCTOR SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
CHOTA is looking for club members who are willing to step up and become part of the club’s outstanding ACA qualified training staff. If you are interested in becoming an ACA Instructor, this program is for you. CHOTA is offering three ACA Instructor scholarships in 2017. Applications are due to email@example.com not later than 30 December 2016. Late applications will not be considered.
- Scholarship categories:
- L4 White Water Kayak or White Water Canoe,
- Coastal Sea Kayak or Stand Up Paddleboard
- L4 Swift Water Rescue.
- Course reimbursement:
- Course cost varies by instructor trainer. The club offers reimbursement (tuition only) of some of these costs.
- Reimbursements are as follows:
- 60% of the course fee of up to $500 payable at time of course registration. (i.e. for a course with $500 tuition, the club would pay $300 at time of registration).
- An additional 20% of the course fee up to $500 after teaching the first course for the club (i.e. for a course with $500 tuition, the club would pay $100).
- An additional 20% of the course fee up to $500 after teaching the second course for the club (i.e. for a course with $500 tuition, the club would pay $100).
- Candidates will be considered based on:
- Commitment/contribution to CHOTA (demonstrated by leading/helping with club trips and events)
- Paddling ability and experience
- Certifications/qualifications (i.e. Wilderness First Aid)
- CHOTA membership (must have been a member for at least 2 years)
- Age (must be at least 18 years of age).
- Potential to present appropriate paddling skills, technical knowledge, rescue ability, teaching ability, group management, and interpersonal skills.
- Scholarship Awardees must agree to:
- Maintain membership in ACA and join the ACA Safety, Education, and Instruction Committee (SEIC).
- Maintain CPR and First Aid certifications as required to teach as an ACA Instructor
- Instruct or co-instruct in a minimum of one CHOTA instructional program per year for the next two years.
- Not charge another CHOTA member for instruction.
- Other information:
- Review ACA Instructor Criteria at: http://www.americancanoe.org/?page=Instructor_Criteria
- Contact Tom Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Submit your initial application to email@example.com not later than 30 December 2016.
- The board will review all applications and announce the awardees in early February 2017.